Welcome to episode 087 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
It would be a gift if you would consider supporting the Mud Stories Community in one of the following ways:
Join our gathering place: The Mud Stories Gathering, a closed group on Facebook
This week we’re talking about those moments when we’re feeling afraid and not enough. It’s a topic I’ve been wrestling through lately, and I wanted to share with you some of what I’ve been wrestling through and learning in this area, and I’m guessing I am not alone.
My hope for this episode is that in those moments when we’re feeling afraid, or feeling like we’re not enough, we might shift our focus and perspective to remember … God is with us. He is our shield. He answers when we call, And He is our sustainer, even when we don’t realize, or remember, that He is near.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Feeling afraid to dream
- Feeling like we don’t deserve success
- Feeling like we are not enough
- How we long to know a sure plan
- The struggle of knowing God’s will
- Longing for reassurance that we won’t fail
- How life can feel like we’re on a foggy road
We will then be reminded:
- God is with us
- He answers us
- He shields us
- He never loses His grip on us
- He has a plan and nothing is a surprise to Him
- He is our portion and our strength
- He is a good, good Father
- His ways for us are perfect
- We are deeply loved
- We are enough because of Christ
After you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to SUBSCRIBE to this podcast over in iTunes on your computer, or on the purple podcast app on your Apple device.
SUBSCRIBE HERE, so you don’t miss an episode
AND it helps others find this show!
But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from his holy hill. Seals I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid… Psalm 3:3-6 (ESV)
Photo Credit: vastateparksstaff
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
2. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. The most common one is Apple’s purple podcast app, and Stitcher Radio for Android devices. They all allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
4. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience!
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher