Welcome to episode 084 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
Join our gathering place: The Mud Stories Gathering, a closed group on Facebook
Today I’m talking with Lauren Chandler, wife to Matt, mom, speaker, singer, songwriter, and leader of worship, who resides in the Dallas area with her family. Lauren is also the author of her very first book entitled Steadfast Love: The Response of God to the Cries of Our Heart.
AND!! This week we are giving away FOUR copies of Lauren’s book!!
(Listen to the podcast for instructions on how to enter to win a copy)
Lauren and I had a wonderful PRESHOW chat which you can listen to if you missed it, and in today’s episode we discuss:
- Both having 13-year old girls
- IF Gathering
- The issue of comparison and measuring ourselves against others
- And what is at the root of the thought, “I will know I am good enough when ________”
Lauren talks about:
- Our mutual appreciation for Christy Nockels
- The issue of weak pride
- Celebrate Recovery
- The hardships we face in marriage
- The importance of having no secrets and giving words to our thought life
- Establishing healthy parameters in marriage
- And Mingling of Souls, a dating and marriage ministry she does with her husband
Lauren shares about:
- Her new book and what we can learn from Psalm 107
- God’s hessed, loyal love
- How God’s steadfast love meets us no matter if we are walking through a desert, feel bound by chains, are experiencing the aftermath of our folly, or find ourselves in the middle of a storm
- Her own storm of walking through her husband’s brain cancer diagnosis and treatment
- And how she has learned to say, no matter the circumstances, that Jesus IS enough
No matter what you’re facing today, I think you’ll find encouragement in Lauren’s story and I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to SUBSCRIBE to this podcast over in iTunes on your computer, or on the purple podcast app on your Apple device.
SUBSCRIBE HERE, so you don’t miss an episode
AND it helps others find this show!
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
whom he has redeemed from trouble. Psalm 107:1-2 (ESV)
CONNECT with Lauren:
- Steadfast Love: The Response of God to the Cries of Our Heart, by Lauren Chandler
*some links are affiliate links
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
2. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. The most common one is Apple’s purple podcast app, and Stitcher Radio for Android devices. They all allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
4. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience!
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher