Welcome to episode 072 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
To get a FREE audiobook today, go to mudstoriesbook.com
and sign up for free 30-day trial and hear one of Liz’ books today!
In today’s episode I’m talking with Liz Curtis Higgs, author of more than 30 books–with over 4 million copies in print–including her best-selling Bad Girls of the Bible series, The Women of Christmas, and writing historical fiction novels and children’s books as well.
Liz is a national speaker whose messages are biblical, encouraging, down-to-earth, and profoundly funny, and she is passionate about helping sisters and seekers embrace the truth of God’s amazing, unchanging grace.
Liz resides with her husband Bill in Louisville, Kentucky. She is blessed to live near her two adult and even learns about God from her twin tabby, Samson and Boaz.
In this episode Liz shares:
- About her personal mud story
- Encouragement for you as you face your own mud
- Interesting insights about Ruth
- The miracle and redemption in Bathsheba’s life
- Insights and encouragement from The Women of Christmas–Elizabeth, Mary, Anna
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to SUBSCRIBE to this podcast over in iTunes on your computer, or on the purple podcast app on your Apple device.
When you SUBSCRIBE, iTunes promotes Mud Stories, which helps others find this show.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51:8-12 (ESV)
CONNECT with Liz:
- Bad Girls of the Bible: And What We Can Learn from Them, by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Really Bad Girls of the Bible: More Lessons from Less-Than-Perfect Women, by Liz Curtis Higgs
- The Girl’s Still Got It: Take a Walk with Ruth and the God Who Rocked Her World, by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Embrace Grace, by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Ta Da! Cards
- The Women of Christmas: Experience the Season Afresh with Elizabeth, Mary, and Anna, by Liz Curtis Higgs
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. The most common one is Apple’s purple podcast app. Also the Downcast App for Apple devices and Stitcher Radio for Android devices. They all allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher