Welcome to episode 066 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking to Fawn Weaver, New York Times best-selling author of Happy Wives Club, international speaker, real-estate investor, Chief Strategy and Financial officer, and proud and happy wife to Keith Weaver.
Fawn grew tired of wives being painted in the media as miserable and unhappy, and set out on a quest to find all the other happily married wives who love being married and to shine a bright light on the positive side of marriage. She set out on a journey to prove that love and marriage go hand in hand, and that the ‘happy wife’ really does exist.
Fawn is passionate about empowering each one of us to enjoy the beauty God created marriage to be, and has recently released her latest book entitled, The Argument-Free Marriage: 28 Days to Creating the Marriage You’ve Always Wanted with the Spouse You Already Have. Could an argument free marriage really exist?? Join us as Fawn shares her story, and provides us with some refreshing encouragement today!
In this episode we discuss:
- Fawn’s personal mud story
- Her lack of hope and suicide attempts
- And her discovery of freedom and grace for herself and others
- The difference between a discussion and an argument
- How to pause, and identify the original emotion at the beginning of an argument
- The importance of staying vulnerable and practicing vulnerability in our relationships
- And tips for how to have cues and daily rituals
Fawn’s story and tips can help us, not only in our marriages, but in all our relationships! May this episode be a great encouragement to you!
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to SUBSCRIBE to this podcast over in iTunes on your computer, or on the purple podcast app on your Apple device.
When you SUBSCRIBE, iTunes promotes Mud Stories, which helps others find this show.
In your anger do not sin… Ephesians 4:26a (NIV)
CONNECT with Fawn:
- My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers
- Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage, by Kevin Leman
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness, by Dave Ramsey
- The Power of Vulnerability (Udemy Video Course), by Brené Brown
- Rising Strong, by Brené Brown
- The Argument Free Marriage, by Fawn Weaver TEDxPortland
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. The most common one is Apple’s purple podcast app. Also the Downcast App for Apple devices and Stitcher Radio for Android devices. They all allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher