Welcome to episode 062 of Mud Stories!
This is Day 8 in the series “31 Days: What You Should Know Before An Affair“
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with Amy J. Bennett, writer, speaker, and host of her podcast entitled Feathers–Faith in Flight, a podcast which shares stories of God speaking and His people having just enough faith to believe Him and obey.
Amy is also the author of a book entitled, Entangled: A Woman’s Guide to Recognizing Your Emotional Affair and Restoring Your Marriage. She experienced an emotional affair years ago and her marriage has been completely restored by the grace of God.
Amy longs to journey with others to explore what an emotional affair looks like, how to get out and how God can meet your deepest need for the love you’re seeking. She is the working mom of three children–two bio and one adopted–and has been married to Scott, her state-trooper-husband, for 17 years and resides with her family in South Carolina.
In this episode Amy shares:
- How she met her husband
- Their dating experience
- The situations which set the stage for her to be vulnerable
- And how the process of entanglement began and progressed
- The symptoms of an emotional affair
- The one word of advice she has to offer
- How the process of confessing builds trust
- And how her grief led her to God
May you find Amy’s story to be an encouragement no matter what you’re facing today!
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to SUBSCRIBE to this podcast over in iTunes on your computer, or on the purple podcast app on your Apple device.
When you SUBSCRIBE, iTunes promotes Mud Stories, which helps others find this show.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12: 1-2 (NIV)
CONNECT with Amy:
- Entangled: A Woman’s Guide to Recognizing Your Emotional Affair and Restoring Your Marriage, by Amy J. Bennett
Read Day 9 HERE
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher