Welcome to episode 057 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with Lelia Chealey, a writer, speaker, and conference director who lives in Nebraska with her family.
Lelia has three children, two grandchildren, and loves to share about what God has done in her life.
In this episode Lelia shares about:
- The challenges of parenting teens and young adults through their mud
- Our tendency to be overprotective or suffocating in our parenting
- How different approaches are needed for different children
- And the prayer we should all be praying for our kids
- The mud she’s personally faced, including teen pregnancy, adultery, and abortion
- The mud she’s walked through with her two older children
- And how those experiences have cultivated her character and shaped her faith
Lelia shares with kind concern for the struggles we face in our parenting, and offers encouragement and support for whatever season we’re in today.
And to receive podcast notes for this episode FREE,
text “Episode57″ to 33444
and they will be delivered to you right away…
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below)
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with their whole heart. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Then I shall not be put to shame… Psalm 119:2, 5-6 (ESV)
CONNECT with Lelia:
- Lelia’s website: www.leliachealey.com
- Refresh My Heart Women’s Conference
- A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself and Live in the Security of Gods Promises, by Renee Swope
- A Mom’s Prayers for Her Son: Praying for Every Part of His Life, by Rob & Joanna Teigen
- I Need Some Help Here!: Hope for When Your Kids Don’t Go according to Plan, by Kathy Lipp
- Creative Counterpart : Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You Have Longed To Be, by Linda Dillow
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher