Welcome to episode 043 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with Kitty Hurdle—a missionary, momma to two, and wife to her husband Joel, who resides in the deep south of Mississippi.
Kitty feels most alive and connected to Christ when she’s writing, teaching and shepherding the hearts God has put under her care. She loves to laugh with her kids, have soul-stirring conversations with her husband, and freezer-meal cook or consignment-shop with friends.
Kitty and her family serve on the mission field with CRU in Oxford, Mississippi at Ole Miss and their greatest joy is reaching the campus for Christ in hopes of changing the world for His glory.
In this episode Kitty shares:
- Her struggle as a workaholic
- The anxiety that came from finding her identity in what she does instead of who she is
- The difficulty she faces in the midst of unexplained infertility and adoption
- And their family journey through the adoption process of adopting a sibling pair
- How she wanted a charmed life instead of a changed life
- How her mud led her to a surrender and a closer relationship with God
- How sharing our sadness with safe people can be so helpful
- And how there is hope and joy to be found even in the middle of hard things
Kitty shares with confidence and clarity and it is my hope you are encouraged by her story, no matter what you are facing. Enjoy!
Mud Stories 043: “There is hope & joy to be found even in the midst of this hard thing..” @kitty_hurdle #MudStories [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below)
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food…
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18 (ESV)
CONNECT with Kitty:
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- Meyer’s Briggs Temperment Types
- Infertility–Finding God’s Peace in the Journey, by Lois Flowers
- Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet: Tasting the Goodness of God in All Things, by Sara Hagerty
- Holding On to Hope: A Pathway through Suffering to the Heart of God, by Nancy Guthrie
- Contact Kitty to join her Infertility Book Club
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher