Welcome to episode 039 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
Today I’m talking with Caryn Christensen, writer, music teacher, and mother to two girls. Caryn describes herself as a God-seeker and grace-dweller, and resides in San Diego with her husband.
Caryn believes in the power of our stories and how sharing them with each other helps us overcome and heal from our muddiest places.
And while she realizes her story is sometimes hard to hear, she believes it is full of miraculous grace and awesome redemption, and is a story only God could have written.
In this episode Caryn shares about:
- Her story of childhood neglect
- The physical, sexual, and emotional abuse she endured
- The instability of the adults in her life
- And her feelings of being not enough and feeling desperately all alone
Caryn and I discuss:
- The wrestling through the question of: Why? when we are thrown into mud
- How we don’t feel like God sees us in our pain
- How we want to just escape from the horrific situations
- And how God really is working behind the scenes of every detail of our lives, even if we can’t see it at all
Mud Stories 039: God sees us & is working in every detail, but we might not see it when we’re muddy ~@St8oftheheart [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below) Enjoy!
And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb
and because of the word of their testimony…
Revelation 12:11 (NASB)
CONNECT with Caryn:
Caryn’s Website: carynchristensen.com
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher