Welcome to episode 015 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with my friend, Laura Boggess—a recovering list-maker, worn out from trying to earn grace, who has stepped into Christ’s invitation to come like a little child, with open hands surrendered.
Laura has a master’s degree in clinical psychology, and works in a medical rehabilitation hospital—helping patients and their families cope with traumatic diagnoses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke. And she believes in the healing power of story, often using storytelling in her therapy with her patients.
In this episode we discuss:
- The devastation of divorce on a child’s life
- The effects of choosing alcohol as a lifestyle
- How black & white, rule-oriented mentalities, can wreak havoc on our own selves
- The emptiness of spiritually dry seasons
- And the beginning of Laura’s journey into writing
Laura’s written a book, which released one week ago today called: Playdates with God: Having a Childlike Faith in a Grown-up World
And from it she shares:
- The difference between having a goal-oriented life, and a story-oriented life
- The significance of play, and even our physiological responses to anticipating play
- How paying attention with wonder slows down time
- And how the nearness and love of God is so evident in the middle of our suffering seasons
Laura oozes grace and gentleness as she tells her story and yet is so very candid and honest—longing for us to know God wastes nothing in our lives. And more than ever, He is waiting for us to come to Him … to relax, let go, and just play. May your heart be encouraged by Laura’s words today!
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below) Enjoy!
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39 (ESV)
CONNECT with Laura:
- Laura’s website: www.lauraboggess.com
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
2. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher