Welcome to episode 040 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
Today I’m talking with Caryn Christensen, writer, music teacher, and mother to two girls. Caryn describes herself as a God-seeker and grace-dweller, and resides in San Diego with her husband.
Caryn believes in the power of our stories and how sharing them with each other helps us overcome and heal from our muddiest places.
And while she realizes her story is sometimes hard to hear, she believes it is full of miraculous grace and awesome redemption, and is a story only God could have written.
In this episode Caryn shares about:
- Rejection and betrayal
- Anger and disappointment in God
- How pain predisposes us to make choices to jump further into the mud
Caryn and I discuss:
- The choice we have to trust God or not
- The process of surrender and rest
- How forgiveness is not a one time act, but a way of living
- And the distinction between forgiveness and reconciliation
Mud Stories 040: In our mud we have a choice–we can go under, or we can go on. ~@St8oftheheart [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below) Enjoy!
Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious,
For my soul takes refuge in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge
Until destruction passes by.
I will cry to God Most High,
To God who accomplishes all things for me.
He will send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches him who tramples upon me.
God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth.
Psalm 57:1-3 (NASB)
CONNECT with Caryn:
Caryn’s Website: carynchristensen.com
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the Mud Stories App for FREE. Download your free app through the following links:
2. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
3. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
4. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher